Tuesday

30 Day Writing Challenge: In The Kitchen

Cooks do it in the kitchen. Bakers do it for the dough. Chefs do it with spice. I pondered these things as I tried to think of an appropriate story for today's prompt of the writing challenge "In The Kitchen".


My interest in food preparation started when I figured out, if I make it I can eat it. If my mom wouldn't make it for me, I would make it myself. If I woke up at 4:30AM on a Saturday morning to watch cartoons I either had to fend for myself or go back to bed. That's how, at the age of four, I figured out how to make my own breakfast. And that's why there was always a trail of spilled milk running from the kitchen to the den in the basement.

Mike and Nicky over at We Work for Cheese have forced invited us to participate in this 30 Day Creative Writing Challenge . Today is Day 12, the theme is In The Kitchen. Here are some of the other participants.

8 comments:

  1. In my Day it was Captain Crunch or Cocoa Puffs. Good healthy stuff, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't forget Lucky Charms!! I used to pick out all the cereal and just eat a bowl of marshmallows for breakfast. :-)

      Delete
    2. A couple of weeks ago, I was out and about with a friend and stopped at this place known for subs. But, my friend found a bag full of the marshmallows that could have come just from Lucky Charms. Funny stuff when he got them. Haha.

      Delete
    3. Now it's Cheerios every morning!

      Delete
  2. HAHAHAHA. I love the image of a milk trail from the kitchen to the basement. Probably with an oversized bowl and an oversized spoon and a quart of milk. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got an image of Dennis the Menace and his red sleeper.

      Delete
  3. You should get about a thousand points for that picture alone!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?