Friday

30 Day Writing Challenge: Breaking the rules

Cider House Rules
I stared and stared at this topic over the last 28 days. 28 days later, I feel like my brain was ravaged by zombies.

Today's prompt, 'Breaking the Rules' brought nothing to mind. I break rules, I bend rules. I sometimes even make rules.

Upon occasion I rule the day. I have even rued the day. I have ruined days. I have seen ruins, I have seen runes. I have even seen Roo, and Kanga, and Pooh for that matter.

By rule of thumb, I have found my way. Often the exception that proves the rule is what you will find here. But as a rule, you may find anything. Perhaps even a film review of the Cider House Rules. Cider House Rules is actually a terrific movie starring Michael Caine, Charlize Theron and a pre-Spiderman Tobey Maguire.

Mike and Nicky over at We Work for Cheese have forced invited us to participate in this 30 Day Creative Writing Challenge . Today is Day 28, the theme is Breaking the rules.

11 comments:

  1. I think it was Neil Sedaka who sang Breaking Rules Is Hard To Do. Or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually 'Breaking up is hard to do" Shows I'm older than you :) Buddy Holly sang a song about breaking all the rules though.

      Delete
    2. And don't forget that song from AC/DC Breaking the Rules

      Delete
  2. Michael Caine sounds a lot like "My Cocaine". Once you know that, it's hard not to hear it every time someone mentions Michael Caine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike, You and your addiction to Michael Caine. I think you have stuffed everyone of his movies up your nose.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes, I rue days, too. When that happens, I just say "oh well."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Montgomery Burns: [removes Pie Mans mask and gasps] Simpson! You'll
      rue the day you took a pie tin, made two holes for eyes, and tied a rubber band around the back!
      Homer Simpson: Its not a rubber band, its a Scrunchie!

      Delete
  4. Then you discovered it was all a ruse to make you follow the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can think about now is cocaine.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?