Wednesday

30 Day Writing Challenge: Going Solo

I've been going so low. Oh wait, I misread the prompt. It's "going solo". I've been solo. I've travelled solo several times over the years. Been down to Mexico, out to Jamaica and across Canada, among other places. 

I've always had a good amount of friends, I've also enjoyed my time alone. I don't want to overstate it, I'm not a loner, but I'm comfortable with being alone. So, no, I'm not the guy, who will be described as quiet and a bit of a loner, after some grave act of violence.

Travelling alone forces you to make friends and talk to people. Otherwise a solo trip could end up with you being so low.

When I have travelled alone, the only people I avoided were those from my hometown or home province. I always preferred to mix it up with people from all over. But time after time the people I ended hanging out with were New Yorkers. Aside from their obvious charm, I could never figure out why.
Going Solo?
Mike and Nicky over at We Work for Cheese have forced invited us to participate in this 30 Day Creative Writing Challenge. Today is Day 20, the theme is Going Solo.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite part is Hans Solo as your graphic!!! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only traveled solo a few times, but I really enjoyed it. The peacefulness of everything is even better. As for New Yorkers -- city folk or from the state. We're different people in the upstate area! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?