Wednesday

Bathroom Timing

Rule 5 of Men's Room Etiquette
It is wrong to talk on the phone when you are in the bathroom. It is rude. And it is weird for the person in the next stall. But would it bother you to know that I am texting you from the bathroom? Or that I am writing this post from the bathroom?
My hands are clean. Does that make a difference?

Now there is a guy on the phone and he is standing at the urinal. I washed my hands and I am using our really loud hand dryer. My hands were dry at least 23 seconds ago. Now, I am just trying to disrupt his phone call. I want him to say something like, 'Do you mind? I'm on the phone.'

Some guy walked in with his sandwich and drink from Subway and went into the stall to, er... sit down. I did see him fifteen minutes later with the whole sandwich, so, at least he didn't eat it in the stall. Forget about hygiene - or don't - that is just wrong.
Every time I go to the bathroom at work I bump into a certain colleague of mine. I started thinking that he must have problems with his bowels as he is here every time I am.

But then it dawned on me, he probably thinks the same of me. Why is Shawn always in the bathroom whenever I am here?

For the couple that doesn't get enough alone time - Tandem Toilets

8 comments:

  1. I had bathroom synergy with this guy that used to work for us. Everytime I saw him, I had the urge to point at my crotch and say, "Hey! We're bladder buddies!".

    Since he left the company, I kind of regret never saying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two things you don't do in the men's room Mike.
      1 - point to your crotch
      2 - Make eye contact

      Delete
  2. You know when things like this happen to me I get a little flushed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But if you find $20 in the bathroom, urine-luck.

      Delete
  3. Ah, yes.
    I'm reminded of this video I posted a few years ago.

    If men's rooms are really like that, it would be so much fun to mess with people's minds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That video is brilliant. Yes it's more or less accurate.

      Delete
  4. Thank god I'm a woman, who could ever guess men are so complicated when it comes to men's room etiquette!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All women have to worry about is having enough tissue. ;)

      Delete

Thoughts?