Wednesday

30 Day Writing Challenge: The Other One

We all know the story of Neo in The Matrix. Neo was the One. His cousin Ralph was the Other One. Wayne Gretzky was the Great One. His brother Brent was the Other One. For every One, there is the Other One.
Paul Kariya has his brother Steve. Larry Robinson has a less famous brother Moe. Bill and Roger Clinton. Sylvester Stallone and his brother Frank. The Bacon Brothers, Kevin and his brother Michael. For every Jake and Elwood there is a Mighty Mack. For every Bruce Jenner there is a Kardashian kid. Charlie Sheen had Emilio. Between the Afflecks, which one is the other one? What about Mario and Luigi? Donnie and Marie had Alan, Wayne, Merrill, Jay and Jimmy. With Dennis Quaid there was Randy. Jeff Bridges had Beau. River had Joaquin. And they both had drugs. Dweezil had Moon Unit. Larry, Curly and Moe, had Shemp, Joe and the other Joe. And I have had enough.


Mike and Nicky over at We Work for Cheese have forced invited us to participate in this 30 Day Creative Writing Challenge . Today is Day 13, the theme is The Other One. Here are some of the other participants.

14 comments:

  1. Boy, you really did some research on this. Unless of course you have all this useless trivia rattling around in your head. If that's the case you'd be a great partner in Trivial Pursuit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trivial Pursuit, Jeopardy, Crosswords... The only thing I had to look up was Kevin Bacon's brother's name and the other Stooges names.

      Delete
  2. HA! I love it! Classic stuff. Even going further with sports... George Brett had Ken. Greg Maddux had Mike. Jose Canseco had Ozzie... and I wonder if Jose shared his steroids? Hank Arron had Tommie. I could go on, but I'll stop. Well done on this one. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Pavel had Valeri. Pavel also had Anna Kournikova but that's something else.

      Delete
  3. If you don't like one, try the other one! Nice look at today's prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had thought like you did on this topic. I struggled for hours and came up with "not much".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For every Jackson Pollock there is a Sydney Pollack

      Delete
  5. Great idea for this post. I feel that way when people try to distinguish me from my older siblings - I'm always the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One Purdue football player is named Bob King. He has a cousin who is a good golfer named Par King. His other cousin is a Norseman named Vi King. He has a skinny cousin who is wicked smart named Thin king. They say his sister is a dog named Bar King.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO looking forward to the 2014 WWFC challenge ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Tami, on the plus side it forces me to write every day. On the negative side, it forces me to write every day.

      Delete

Thoughts?