Tuesday

30 Day Writing Challenge: Spiders

I don't mind spiders. I leave spiders where they are. Most of the time. I won't let spiders climb on my table, and if they are hanging over my bed, I move them. The way I see it, if there are spiders, then there are bugs. Bugs I don't like. I don't have a fear of them, I just won't tolerate them. Unlike my intolerance for lactose, bugs don't give me the farts.

But what if I needed to get rid of the spiders? Then I would have to keep rats. If I had rats, I would probably keep cats around. If I had cats, I may let dogs run lose to keep down the cat population. Thankfully I don't have dogs, because then I would have to keep lions around. And lions make a mess of the vegetable drawer in my fridge. Cheetahs are much neater but they can't handle bigger dogs.

The Far Side

Mike and Nicky over at We Work for Cheese have forced invited us to participate in this 30 Day Creative Writing Challenge . Today is Day 5, the theme is Spiders. Here are some of the other participants.
1. Mike  2. Unfinished Person  3. nonamedufus  4. Babs - Beetle  5. Laughing Mom  6. Linda  7. P.J.  8. Ziva  9. Mike WJ  10. Linda M.  11. If I were god...  12. injaynesworld  


9 comments:

  1. So, I take it you simply don't like animals. Too bad. I was waiting for gorillas and elephants next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like animals. I just hate when the dogs get into the walls. It creates such a racket.

      Delete
  2. You're lucky you LIKE spiders! I cannot deal with them AT ALL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like them. But I don't dislike them. I don't like them when I get the webs in my face

      Delete
  3. But the absolute worst are the unicorns. Horny bastards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The unicorns are only there to scare away the platypuses.

      Delete
  4. What about hyenas? They might just laugh at you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THAT CARTOON!

    "She swallowed the spider to catch the fly!" and "If you give a mouse a cookie" all rolled up in one. EXCELLENT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With your logic, you should work for the government! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?