Friday

30 Day Writing Challenge: Best Friend

I was reluctant to write on this topic for the 30 Day Writing Challenge because I did not and do not want to get all gushy. I have some great friends, close friends and it is hard to measure, or incorrect to measure how close you are to them in comparison to others. But I will start anyway with my newest best friend, my girlfriend. Shoot, I speak to her everyday. See her almost everyday. I guess I am lucky that we got close so fast. I mean, I guess she is lucky.
I've known my best friend Al for 32 years. We haven't been friends for that amount of time but close to it. Al gets invited to family gatherings. When he has family over I am there. His kids are like my own nephews and nieces.

And then there are my other best friends. The boys. Cheesy Mike, Andy, Peter, and Stuart. Two of them have fled to another city, three have a wife and kids, and the other has two blogs and a cat... All these things prevents us from hanging around as regularly as we used to. Oh, and jobs. Right. We work. That also gets in the way of fun.
What is that expression? Friends help you move. Great friends help you move the body.

Here's a test for you. Think about this. The answer may actually be nobody. But if you come up with a name, then that is telling in itself. Buddies stand shoulder to shoulder, through thick and thin. Some would lay down their lives for you. How many people do you know that you can trust with your life? One? Two? A few? Now, once you pondered that question, answer this, how many people can you trust with your money?

This is exactly what I picture when I think of my friends...
Mike and Nicky over at We Work for Cheese have forced invited us to participate in this 30 Day Creative Writing Challenge . Today is Day 8, the theme is Best Friend. Here are some of the other participants.

12 comments:

  1. Where this book available "The Best of Friends", I glad to have that book with me. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my money? What money? Why do you think I have no friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your lover IS your best friend then you're on the right track. Go get a ring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about friends, but I would trust me with anyone's money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can trust me with your money. You can trust I will spend it on shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought provoking questions. There are few people I would trust with my life. Money I don't worry about so much. I have none. So you know Cheesy Mike? Do you want to spill the beans on him? Tell us some naughty things about him. Come on!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?