Sunday

Come on let's go Garbage Truckin'

We're garbage truckin' round the stars  Come on let's go Garbage Truckin'. I was driving to work the other and I noticed a garbage truck pulled over on the side of the road. The driver had set up emergency flares and there was another garbage truck parked just in front. I can assume that one truck broke down but why the second truck? Did the driver call the other for backup? What were they doing now? Were they transferring the load?

A taxi driver or bus driver will call for backup if their vehicle breaks down. The passengers will quickly be off and on their way. A tow truck would be called to take the bus away.
I do not recall ever seeing a garbage truck being hauled away by a tow truck. 

What do you do with a broken down garbage truck? It is a garbage truck. I couldn't stay to watch but I am wondering if the garbage men just heaved the broken truck into the back of the second vehicle with all the other garbage.
That is why I am thinking they just get thrown out.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe they were just having coffee? Are you sure the first one was broken down? Of course, it makes sense if you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen, It was that thick white smoke that can't be mistaken for anything else. But, come to think of it, they did have coffee...

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?