Sunday

The Mayor

Today is my wedding day. Yet, I still managed to publish a story for The February Writing Challenge. The first thing we learn is that a marriage is a bond, a contract and a responsibility. And if you believe in a higher power, the bond is also with god.

We need guidance as we move through life. We take advice from those who have been through it before. Whether you believe in a higher power or not, the important thing to remember is who is in charge. And with that, the mayor and the person in charge of my new household, and who rules my heart, is my wife.

I studied this video to learn for our First Dance
Today is day ten of the thirty day writing challenge (February edition) as arranged and hosted by Nicky and Mike over at WeWorkForCheese.com. Go check out their site to see what they wrote and see all the other participants.

30 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Shawn! How exciting! May this day be wonderful and unforgettable and may you live happily ever after. :) Oh, and good luck with the first dance. ;)

    (Also, I am incredibly impressed by the fact that you posted something today. Way to go. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Z
      I'm just relaxing now, eating a granola bar. All the planing is done.

      Delete
  2. Whoa! Kudos for getting something posted on this day of days! Give my best to the new mayor in your town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! Your wife's the mayor of Montreal? Since when? Congratulations on your happy day and I want pics of that first dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is the mayor, prime minister, queen, empress and all round swell gal.

      Delete
  4. Congrats! Amazing to marry the mayor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You might start practicing the "yes ma'ams" now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The true test will be if you have energy to post tomorrow. Congratulations to you and the mayor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! May today be the first day of the best of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you so much for the good wishes Linda.

      Delete
  8. Hey Shawn! I salute you and your good lady; long life and happiness to you both, my friend. Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is "ha ha ha" and "AWWWWWW" all at the same time!!!! Awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed that you were able to get married and post on the same day. Very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Your telling me! You were dancing on the tables.
      During the meal.

      Delete
  12. Wow, congratulations, Shawn. It actually took me a second to realize that this wedding day thing wasn't some kind of writing shtick. I'm impressed that you were able to post something so touching and to the point on your big day. I imagine you were in a bit of a time crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I'm late reading these (the last couple days worth of posts) - I will catch up...but I just read this and seem to have missed saying "Happy anniversary!" So, I'm saying it. :) Hope you had a great one - with lots of butt grabbing and stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?