Wednesday

Unintended

Don Rickles
I happen to be the king of unintended insults. It comes from my constantly (or constant need) finding humour in everything.

Often I find it in you.

No matter how obscure, no matter how inappropriate. 

And as far as I'm concerned, if I think it's funny, then it is funny.

Not wishing to insult someone, I still do. All for the sake of a good joke.

I can be self-deprecating as well.

I'm one of very few people who can go to a funeral and make people laugh.

I am the king of unintended insults and as a result I am also very good at apologizing.

Today is day 13 of the thirty day writing challenge (February edition) as arranged and hosted by Nicky and Mike over at WeWorkForCheese.com. Go check out their site to see who else is participating and read some more great stories.

25 comments:

  1. Who picks your clothes, Stevie Wonder? (Mr. Warmth, Don Rickles)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Rickles. And truth be told sometimes it is intended

      Delete
  2. I would so hate to be in the room with Don Rickles. I know he would pick on me and my low self-esteem would be crawling out the door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is terribly funny. But know, I wouldn't want to be in his front row.

      Delete
  3. Hey Shawn!

    "I am the king of unintended insults and as a result I am also very good at apologizing."

    Good grief, man, you're not English, are you?

    Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apologetic skills are a must have if you possess the snark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned that the hard way, believe me.

      Delete
    2. When people meet me they think I am really nice just because I am polite. And then they get to know me.

      Delete
  5. Sometimes I laugh at the most inappropriate moments - I think I am flawed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In "Coupling", they call that the Giggle Loop. You're not flawed. :)

      Delete
    2. Don't laugh in church or during a memorial service. The rest of the time you are good.

      Delete
  6. I don't mind if you find humour in me, I have tons of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I get some of my best laughs at myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bit about being good at apologizing makes for a great punch line. Keep up the good work, joker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd be surprised if you could find any humor in me. Some bullshit, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can pick on me ANY time. I was told that if people don't tease you, they don't like you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds a bit like the way I am with humor. Good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?