Saturday

Hold On

Wilson Phillips
Seeing today's theme for the first time I drew a blank. Only thing I could think of was the 90s pop trio Wilson Phillips. Their debut album sold 10 million copies, and then they did absolutely nothing. I never liked their music. I think what I liked most about their video was three women. Watchng the video today, was the first time I ever considered a music video performance to be a terrible acting performance.

Their initial claim on fame was that the band is made up of Carnie Wilson, Wendy Wilson and Chynna Phillips. The Wilsons are the daughters of Brian Wilson of the iconic band the Beach Boys. Chyna is the daughter of John and Michelle Phillips of The Mamas and The Papas. From rock and roll royalty these three come. The group put together five albums in total, the last three followed a twelve year hiatus. The combined album sales never matched the success of their 1990 debut. Today is day two of the thirty day writing challenge (February edition) as arranged and hosted by  WeWorkForCheese.com.



26 comments:

  1. I was never really into Wilson Phillips other than the fact they came from famous parents. They were kind of the Dino, Desi and Billy of the 90s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were kind of like the Nancy Sinatra of the 90s, or the Frank Sinatra Jr of the 90s.
      Wasn't a fan. I remember having to play their song at the radio station.

      Delete
  2. I didn't do much better than you...other than that my song didn't even the word "on" unlike yours and Dufus's. At least, you two were thinking yesterday unlike me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music is always a good fall back plan for these challenges. Or silliness. I have a lot of both planned for this month.

      Delete
  3. So. Tell the truth. That's the opening dance song at your wedding, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That or It's the End of the World as we Know it by REM

      Delete
  4. I'd never even heard of Wilson Phillips until I googled "hold on" for this challenge. Not only do we get to practice our writing skills, we get educated in the process. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By sheer coincidence I was watching the movie Bridesmaids today and Wilson Phillips performed at the wedding

      Delete
  5. I think that we have their CD within our collection...no, that might be embarrassing to say...nevermind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a lot of stuff in my collection. A lot of 80s groups in particular.

      Delete
  6. But Shawn, aren't you a day late? I thought CHEESY was yesterday? Still. Nice. Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I hadn't heard that one in ages. And I kinda hope I won't hear it again for ages. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For you Ziva,once the challenge is over, I will delete the post.

      Delete
  8. I went the musical route, too, on this one. Isn't that group reuniting now? Like the first time around wasn't bad enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had nothing on this one... at least a few of you were able to come up with musical references. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and a few of us came up with the same musical reference....

      Delete
  10. Isn't it Carnie on the new cooking show? Or am I TOTALLY wrong. I think it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew for all that was not good in this world I wouldn't be the first one to have this as part of today's topic and post... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds...
      I just hope we didn't write the same thing today. That would be really awkward.

      Delete
  12. I remember this group, and that song. I wish I didn't.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike, The video is meant to be watched with the sound off..

      Delete
    2. Aw, this song isn't so bad. I've definitely heard much worse.

      I remember hearing this song as a teenager in the 1990s. It never struck an emotional chord in me, but I also never seemed to mind it.

      Delete
    3. The group was known for their harmonies and they do sound nice together. And they are actually singing.

      Delete

Thoughts?