Tuesday

The Day I Met Abraham Lincoln

The day I met Abraham Lincoln, was a Tuesday. I think it was a Tuesday. No. Wait, it was a Wednesday because it was a laundry day. So, the missus wouldn't let me whitewash the fence as I planned.

Wednesday in April. No. Wait, not April. It was May because the zinnias were in full bloom. I remember seeing the white, yellow, orange, red, purple blooms spread across the fields.

So, it was Wednesday the 14th of May. No. Wait. It couldn't have been the 14th. On the 14th, we were building the new firehouse. The 15th we went to visit Abuelita. Or was it the week after?

The 21st week we hunted the rogue bear that was spooking and killing the livestock. So, it was the 25th. Yes. It was Wednesday April 25th, the day that I met Abraham Lincoln.

Abraham Lincoln Saves America
Today is day twelve of the thirty day writing challenge (February edition) as arranged and hosted by Nicky and Mike over at WeWorkForCheese.com. Go check out their site to see what they wrote and see who else participated.

24 comments:

  1. I'm glad you finally got that right. If you had said four score and seven years ago I wouldn't have believed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't mention what year it was...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! Glad you cleared that up for us, Shawn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the thought process you went through to finally figure it out. I do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait... are you SURE it was the 25th? My spidey senses tell me it might have been the 26th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure that was the day you met Abe? I thought that was the day of your George Washington meeting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the day I met Washington was the day I started planting cherry trees

      Delete
  7. Are you sure now? Really sure?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, wait a minute. The rogue bear was in MARCH. It was the rogue wolf in May. And the heard of stampeding elephants in June. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be silly Nicky. Elephants only stampede in July

      Delete
  9. Hey Shawn! And he did, even without the help of The Cap and Spidey. Indigo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And glad Spidey was as he had a date with Gwen Stacy

      Delete
  10. You still a little unclear about it all, frankly.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm pretty sure it wasn't then that you met him, but I could be wrong, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.

      Delete
  12. It's always fun to see where stream-of-consciousness writing takes you, isn't it? By the way, where in the world is that image from? Was there some weird Abe Lincoln edition of the Avengers or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember correctly there is an Lincoln superhero character from a mirror type universe.

      Delete

Thoughts?