Monday

Friendship

Friendship

Means, picking up where you left off, weeks, months or years later.
Means, not asking for the $5.00 back. But asking for the $20.00.
Means, they will buy you a beer to celebrate for any occasion.
Means, they will buy you a beer to console for any occasion.
Best Friends
Means, you will buy the beer for any of their occasions.
Means, never having to say excuse me when you fart.
Means, you don't have to clean up before they visit.
Means, assuming they will help you move.
Means, being a sounding board for them.
Means, forgiving without consequences.
Means, including them in family events.
Means, overlooking their failures.
Means, tolerating their success.
Means, picking up the tab.
Family can be friends.
Friends become family.

Today is day four of the thirty day writing challenge (February edition) as arranged and hosted by Nicky and Mike over at WeWorkForCheese.com. Go check out their site to see what they wrote and see all the other participants.

28 comments:

  1. Hey Shawn!

    "Family can be friends.
    Friends become family."

    Amen to that. And the farting one.

    Indigo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially the farting one. That's just an advanced warning - in case we become friends.

      Delete
    2. This is the best incentive I can think of to try to get on your "Friends and Family" list.

      Delete
    3. Don't forget the beer. That should be up there too.

      Delete
  2. It's really good to have a friend who will buy the beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...friends might buy you beer...but real friends spring for vodka. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the part- Friends become family... I have a friend like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, you nailed it. :) So.. are you going to buy us all a beer now and console us for this writing challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I like to think of my friends as "not family." Families are a pain in the ass. So demanding and judgmental and dramatic, and they expect you to bring pie when you visit. I hate bringing pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can bring me cake. See? Only a friend would say that.

      Delete
  7. I absolutely LOVE this list of definitions of what friendship means to you. Many of my friends have become like family to me. And I also love being able to pick up where we left off, weeks, months or years later. Such a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meleah. And bloggers become friends. Here a new one:
      Friendship means, visiting your site and posting great comments.

      Delete
  8. Love this. We have a whole family of friends that are now our family. They used to be neighbors and they and their extended family are an integral part of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a priceless gift that can’t be bought or sold

      Delete
  9. I truly do like the way you wrote this post. It's spot on and is really true. I think we can all relate to this with more than one of your examples. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice, Shawn. Now, about that $20...

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good friend of mine likes to say that in life, we have two families: the family you're stuck with, and the family you choose. Those final two lines about friends and family sum it up pretty nicely, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents often said that I can't choose my family and I should spend more time with them. I responded, I can choose whether or not to spend time with them. (Except those who are reading my blog. With you I want to spend EXTRA time.)

      Delete
  12. Friends become family. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?