Thursday

Texting

Texting Dictionary
I got my new phone just over one year ago. The key feature was the pull out keyboard. Not for texting, but for writing. I wanted something that would let me write, wherever I went.
I used to carry a pen and notebook but that became too bulky for certain situations, especially around the office. And I always have my phone with me. In a nutshell I use my phone to write. And only recently do I use my phone to text.
Endless texting, or ahem, regular texting with my fiancee. It was a world unfamiliar to me. Before, if I texted my friends it was, "Beer?",
And the reply would be, "Ya."
Or, "Coffee?", and "Ya."

But with my fiancee it became lengthy and deep conversations. Heck I think we planned out our wedding via texts. It went something like this:

How mny ppl?
Do u lk prpl flwrs?
Chkn or bf?
2 many ppl are shwing up!
They cant sit 2gethr they h8 each othr
If D shows up will throw her out

Not quite about texting, but check out my Tweet post from a while back.

Today is day seven of the thirty day writing challenge (February edition) as arranged and hosted by Nicky and Mike over at WeWorkForCheese.com. Go check out their site to see what they wrote and see all the other participants.

28 comments:

  1. I had no idea how to text before I got my iPhone last year. It's very easy with the iPhone. Now if only I knew someone I could text.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you tell people you want to sext, you make get more friends quicker.

      Delete
  2. Who's D? And why is she getting thrown out? That's what I want to know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if she shows up I will have a whole separate blog post about it. That will be a story.

      Delete
  3. Getting an actual keyboard was such a step up from using the numeric keypad and trying to get the right letters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I hated the numeric keypad. It took ten minutes to type, "Hi, c u in 10."

      Delete
  4. Hah! That sounds exactly like M and I last July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ziva, I received one reply via text. I thought the stamp on the addressed envelope would have been enough of a hint of what people were supposed to do.

      Delete
  5. I like your lengthy and deep text conversations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had my phone about that long. I opted for one with a slide out keyboard too. Love it! Mostly I just text with my hubby, but I tend to write out most of my words. What kind of phone did you get. My is the Samsung Stratosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have it figured out, from your post today. To shorten for texting, pull out the vowels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank God I got married before texting. You scared me to death. Excuse me I need to text my husband about the adorable thing our cat and puppy just did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, when planning a wedding I can ignore the texts and emails from well meaning loved ones. It is ruder to hang up the phone while they are still speaking.

      Delete
  9. I think my head would explode if I had to plan out a whole wedding through abbreviated text message speak. I'm one of those anal people who has to type everything out, even when I'm communicating through my phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to use proper grammar & spelling. But sometimes I m n a rsh.

      Delete
  10. I haven't done H8 yet. My problem is I shorten things and then autocorrect changes them... DOH! I H8 that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I turned off autocorrect. Don't want my texts to end up on Failblog

      Delete
  11. In my opinion, this is your best post. I totally enjoyed it! Clever and insightful. Why wasn't I invited?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't you get the invitation? I thought you were angry with us that you didn't reply.

      My best post? I was hoping that I had better. But I will take the complement. ;)

      Delete
  12. I hope the people who can't sit together because they hate each other read your blog. That would be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope D reads my blog. I have one other post about her. (7/27)

      Delete
  13. Hey Shawn, a busy and somewhat troubling day yesterday kept me away. Wedding by text? Outstanding. I have a similar relationship with Domino's and my bookie. Mmmmm, bet I'm having pizza... Indigo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried texting for Pizza. I have a close relationship with my pizza guy. We speak on a regular basis.

      Delete

Thoughts?