Friday

Compulsively

Throughout this 30 day (minus 2) writing challenge I dreaded this topic. What a time to get writer's block! Today's subject is compulsively. If I don't come up with a good story I will have to reveal an embarrassing truth about my compulsive behaviour. I racked my brain trying to come up with a good story. 

All I have is the truth. I eat compulsively.

It has absolute control over me. I eat as much as three or four times in a day. I sometimes even snack between meals. The compulsion is so strong, I sometimes wake up in the morning hungry. Nothing will satisfy me until I eat something.
Not only that, not two or three hours later, I eat again. In between I sometimes have a beverage.
I know, it is embarrassing. I felt I needed to talk about it. I feel better. I am hungry though. I think I will go make a sandwich for lunch.

Today is day 22 of the thirty day writing challenge (February edition) as arranged and hosted by Nicky and Mike over at WeWorkForCheese.com. Go check out their site to see what they wrote and see all the other participants.

18 comments:

  1. Good Lord, man. What are you 500 pounds now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To make matters worse, I made reservations for dinner. I am thinking about supper hours ahead of time.

      Delete
  2. I don't know what to say after learning the horrible truth. It's like I never even knew you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surely thought you saw sign of it. I can eat and eat non stop.

      Delete
  3. Oh my god. I'm so glad you wrote about this, Shawn. I finally feel brave enough to admit it. I eat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can wait 2 to 3 hours??? You are hardly compulsive...that's on the verge of... gulp...normality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good god, you need help. Let's talk about it over burgers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. And then over pizza. And some fish n chips.

      Delete
  6. I've been working hard at it and I'm down to only 3 meals, 3 snacks and 4 beverages a day. It's grueling work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know where I can find a good blintz?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.J., do you want a bag or do you want me to roll them?

      Delete
  8. "Hi, my name is Shawn... and I'm an eater"

    Lovely stuff, a great start to my catch-up! Indigo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate 20 minutes ago. And I don't care who knows it!

      Delete
  9. Dear God, man, you're an abomination of nature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Thursday I got back to work late from lunch.
      Because I ordered dessert.

      Delete

Thoughts?