Wednesday

Haven


From Wikipedia, haven may refer to:


1 People
2 Places
3 Ships
4 Schools
5 Literature
6 Games
7 Music
8 Television, film, and theatre
  • It could refer to a city in Kansas
  • A New York hamlet
  • An unincorporated community in Wisconsin
  • A Township in Minnesota
  • A group of five docks on the east coast of England
  • A small hamlet in West Sussex
  • A town in Victoria, Australia
Haven
  • Haven: Call of the King, a video game for PlayStation 2
  • A "prison book" in the video game Myst IV: Revelation
  • An English indie rock band
  • A Christian metal band

  1. A 2004 movie starring Orlando Bloom and Zoë Saldaña
  2. A 2001 American television miniseries starring Natasha Richardson
  3. A 2010 American/Canadian supernatural drama series
  4. An episode of The Outer Limits
  5. A Star Trek: The Next Generation episode
  6. A planet in the Firefly/Serenity universe, from the 2005 film Serenity
A fictional character in Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter novels
A villain in the X-Men comics
A place in the Artemis Fowl series
A fictional town in Stephen King's novel The Tommyknockers
A city in the Dragonlance series
A minor planet in the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov
The capital city of Valdemar, in the fictional world of Velgarth, in the novels of Mercedes Lackey

What does Haven mean to you?

Today is day six of the thirty day writing challenge (February edition) as arranged and hosted by Nicky and Mike over at WeWorkForCheese.com. Go check out their site to see what they wrote and see all the other participants.

33 comments:

  1. You'll have to visit my blog to see what haven means to me. You may be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven becomes heaven, in your case at least, if there was a fridge in the armrest.

      Delete
  2. Well damn, Shawn, it's not that godawful Season One episode of NEXT GEN. Whew! What a stinker! I can't help feeling you've cheated here, and as I always say on these occasions, I wish I'd thought of it first. Indigo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, TNG was a bit of a stinker in the first season. But it was season 1 that hooked me.

      Delete
  3. Well, Wikipedia is sometimes my haven. It certainly helps me maintain the illusion of being moderately intelligent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven is shelter. Whether from my home, family, friends. Whether is is physical, or emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's heaven with a mexican accent

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no haven, as far as I'm concerned. We may think we have one, but we don't. It's an illusion that can be easily shattered at any moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you accuse me of being dark...

      Delete
    2. Haven is, even for a moment your place of comfort.
      Or a movie starring Zoe Saldana.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. My wedding theme is purple. For the women, not the tuxedos.

      Delete
  8. My haven in my mountain top. I'd never leave if there was a wine delivery up here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't always believe Wikipedia as it's not always reliable. That being said, it's often a haven when looking things up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was reliable enough to get this post out of it!

      Delete
  10. The blogosphere. That's my haven. Until, of course, you all turn on me. But until then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least we'll know where to find you when we come looking :)

      Delete
  11. Wow how did you come UP with all that...!!!! You are GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You forgot "a word that rhymes with raven". Sorry...just pointing it out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't want to go to Hell. I'd rather go to Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oddly, the first thing that comes to mind when I hear "Haven" is Fallout 3, the post-apocalyptic action-RPG video game that takes place in nuclear-ravaged parts of Washington DC and Pittsburgh. Haven is a location in the game, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Oh, it's just something I threw together in fifteen minutes. Oh, wait. that wasn't today's prompt. :)

      Delete

Thoughts?