Wednesday

And That's Why I Got Drunk

And that's why I got drunk... I have moved beyond the need to justify. Nonetheless, as today's theme, here is a list of reasons to justify your own drinking. And that's why I got drunk...
  • Because it was there
  • I was bored
  • I opened it by accident
  • I had an hour to kill
  • Work let out early
  • My girlfriend was out of town
  • I had a headache
  • I didn't have a headache
  • She was cute
  • I was depressed
  • I was happy
  • ..Angry
  • ..Sad
  • I was on vacation
  • My job is stressful
  • I had a bad day
  • I had a good day
  • ..Week
  • ..Month
  • ..Year
  • I woke up
  • I was tired
  • I wasn't tired
  • I was.
Today is day 27 of the thirty day writing challenge (February edition) as arranged and hosted by Nicky and Mike over at WeWorkForCheese.com. Go check out their site to see what they wrote and see all the other participants.

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's just in case you don't have reason of your own

      Delete
  2. Works for me, Shawn. Good to have a reason for all occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've got it covered. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's another good one. I'm at Cheers. Or I am watching Cheers.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. If at least one person agrees with you, including yourself, than it is a good reason.

      Delete
  5. I'm going to laminate this list and when people whine about my drinking habits, I will shown them that these are all acceptable reasons for being drunk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might be a worthy euphemism for drinking. Next time I get laminated...

      Delete
  6. Ah yes, "I was" =) Makes perfect sense! Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shawn, this is my favorite post of yours yet. I particularly love the "I had a headache, I didn't have a headache" lines. You made me smile, which is hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the complement I was waiting for. It makes the month worthwhile.
      To celebrate, I will have a drink.

      Delete
  8. You forgot "I joined a month long writing challenge" :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And this is why I drink EVERY SINGLE DAY. (not really) (maybe) (I don't know cause I'm drunk right now) (not really) (maybe)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?