Sunday

Texture: 30 Days of Photographs

Strange thing happened yesterday. My computer stopped working. No access to internet. But since I auto-published my seventh day theme still went to air. But why, I must ask, if my computer wasn't working, did I have less visitors? Strange coincidence I guess.
Sort of rubs me the wrong way, like a bad texture. (Good segue?) Today, day eight of the ridiculous Photo Challenge and today's theme is texture. Taking a walk yesterday down the mean city streets, I came across some of the textures that make up the city. Here in one place, the gravel, the rocks, the leaves and the shadows.

And check out Ziva's Inferno to see who else contributed to today's photo challenge. 

25 comments:

  1. Wow, Shawn... this is a bonafide tasteful photo! Here at #teamlame we don't even try for that. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This conjures up a warm, sunny afternoon for me. Lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You leafed it to day 8 to come up with a fabulous photo. That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shadows give this an almost eerie feel. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A variety of textures there. Photographed well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post may have posted early but your link went up late, which may explain your lack of visits. Or we may have been avoiding you. Either or, really.

    Really nice photo today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's free admission throughout the month of September.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Nice job. We are starting to get "leafy" here, too. I think our poor trees are stressed from the hot summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the trees are starting to turn. Still seeing a lot of green though.

      Delete
  8. Cool shot even if the street is mean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, lots of different textures here! Me, I like the shadow the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clearly you haven't passed a broom in quite awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a beautiful shot -- I love the multiple layers and textures that each catch the light differently!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a stunning photo. I started to really look at it carefully, picking out things I "see" in the texture, light and dark!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderfully textural photo, Shawn. I really like the contrast between the light and dark areas.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?