Monday

Biblical: 30 Days of Photographs

We were in Ottawa a few weeks back and went into a store in the ByWard Market. On the display rack was the following doll. A poseable, bendable, Jesus of Nazareth. But what got my attention was the writing in the bottom left hand corner. A warning! A Choking hazard. Not recommend for children under three! Really? Jesus? A choking hazard? I may not be a believer but, come on! I don't think Jesus poses a risk to children. Anyway, today's theme in the photo challenge is biblical. And I may have made a biblical mistake, I hope offending people was not one of them. Check out Ziva's Inferno to see who else contributed to today's photo challenge. And unlike Jesus, I just want you to follow me on Twitter, Google+, or Blogger or Facebook.

Jesus of Nazareth

26 comments:

  1. Not only could you choke on Jesus, but he could easily slap you with those arms. Oh, and I'm so glad they didn't include nails and a cross..

    Sorry, that was Evil Twin.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to 'Thou shalt not make graven images'?

    Unsuitable for children under three? Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't that from the 10 Commandments in the Old Testament. Didn't Jesus come out with a sequel?

      Delete
  3. Uh oh! I never got one of these and maybe that's when it all started to go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care if it rains and freezes
    long as I got my plastic Jesus
    sittin on the dashboard of my car

    I don't care if it's dry or muddy
    long as I got my plastic buddy
    sittin on the dashboard of my car

    I can drive 100 miles an hour
    long as I got his sacred power
    sittin on the dashboard of my car

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bendable and poseable! I WANT ONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't help but wonder if they sell any action wardrobes to go with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it all ties in to the movies. The Search for Jesus, The Wrath of Jesus, and The Voyage Home

      Delete
  7. I don't know what to think. I don't know what to say. I just know that you found a wonderful source for your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that's awesome and totally perfect for todays prompt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also had a Moses out of Egypt doll and a Hershel of Brighton Beach.

      Delete
  9. Can he breathe in there? Of course he can. He's Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuck Norris can hold his breath for nine years. Jesus, for eternity.

      Delete
  10. I'm not sure I want to know why Jesus of Nazareth needs to be bendable..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am not at liberty to say, its still before the courts.

      Delete
  11. It would have served for the Wrong post, as well. Wow! Jesus as an action figure!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?