Saturday

Gouda

Ambrosius Gouda was born on February 1st, 1933. Originally from the South Holland region of the Netherlands, Gouda moved with his family to Amsterdam, and then spent the rest of his life travelling and spreading the good name Gouda throughout the world.

Gouda and his wife, Jonge Kaas met as young teens in Holland. At first her father, Overjarige Kaas, did not approve. He was older and bitter, and felt that Jonge deserved to be with someone of higher order, and not yellow, as he called Gouda.

Nonetheless, they got married and had two children, a boy named Danbo, and a girl with curls named Leipäjuusto.

Their passion was strong and Jonge Kaas, even when she was old and crusty, would melt in Gouda's arms.
We will save the story of his financial fortunes and careers for another day, but let if be said, he became the big cheese he always dreamed of being.

Apparently this is part of a Writing Challenge. To see more, go to www.WeWorkForCheese.com . Today's theme is Gouda.


25 comments:

  1. Very clever, Shawn. You should be feta'd for your brilliance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now in a full sentence, So you saying are I did a grate job?

      Delete
  2. I'll have to read this again later...with some wine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, I'm confused... I thought Jonge married Gouda. So why is Leipäjuusto melting in Gouda's arms... I thought she was his daughter? It would seem Gouda is not such a gouda guy after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like there's something stinky going on here.

      Delete
    2. That's the problem with using foreign language puns. It is so much harder to maintain the story.

      Delete
  4. I'm with Nicky. This is Twisted Cheese - like that string stuff with orange and yellow braids...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait... Gouda had a passion for Leipäjuusto? Isn't that a bit incestuous? And here I thought this was a nice, family blog? That's what cheese will do to you. *shakes head in sorrow*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't the way I intended but what the heck. I'll leave it this way.

      Delete
  6. I may never look at Gouda the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gouda sounds like a slice off the old block. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never get too much of a Gouda thing. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What have you been smokin', Shawn?

    Hee Hee. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, I have some leipäjuusto in the fridge, and I can assure you that eating her, I mean IT, will be a very weird experience after reading this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always up for a good spread.

      Um, of cheese, of cheese.

      Delete
  11. I don't know what I just read, but I'm kinda hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why did I agree to do this thing? Somebody kill me, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet dreams are made of cheese. Who am I to dis a brie?

      Delete
  13. "melt in Gouda's arms" is BRILLIANT. I actually pictured crispy melty cheese all over someone in a GOOD way! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry, Shawn ... can't applaud. I thought this was a bit cheesy. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?