Wednesday

H Is For Helpdesk


I called the helpdesk at work for a simple password reset.  So, this fellow overseas, after asking for my information then said, "Am I speaking to Sara?" Do I have to mention again that the helpdesk is offshore?

Really? Do I sound like Sara?

"So, let me confirm," he said. "Your employee I.D. is haychf4uhfn-blarg."

"What?!?!" I politely respond. "I did not understand what you said."

"With apologies," my colleague from across the water states. "Let me start over. H as in Hitler, 12345."

"Excuse me?" I say, "Would you mind repeating what you just said?"

"Yes, absolutely. H as in Hitler, 12..."

"Are you serious?" I interrupted. Did I just hear correctly?" Giving him every opportunity to change the path he is walking.

"Yes, I will repeat it, H as in Hitler, 12345."

"You have got to be kidding me!" I replied. "You should think about what you are saying before you speak. Is this how the company trains you? Your words are offensive."

"My sincere apologies for having offended you." He stammers, seemingly clueless as to why I was upset. "Is your I.D. H as in um, er, h-hotel, 12345."

"No," I reply. "It's S as in Stalin..."



2 comments:

  1. Hey Shawn! I've said it before; you are a bad man. Tho I hope you gave him well for pretending his name was Dean/Michael/Denise. Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! That's outstanding. Well played, well played.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?