Saturday

Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage

Rush
I have got to hand it to the film-makers behind Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage. This documentary, about the legendary band Rush, is just about as well composed and layered as any Rush album that came before it.

I consider myself a Rush fan. I've seen them in concert twice, I own a number of their albums and I have been following their career since the 80s. There is so much about the history of Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart that was revealed to me in this film.

Beyond the Lighted Stage
As the story goes, the world's most popular cult band doesn't have many female followers but every musician loves them. From the epic opening of Tom Sawyer to the brilliant lyrics in Subdivision, the band's growth, success and legendary status has grown over four decades.
This engaging film reveals a complete history of the band. The film is interspersed with interviews, archival footage and homages to the trio that produced such cerebral classics as "Spirit Of Radio", "Limelight", "New World Man". Rush remains one of rock's most influential bands.

3 comments:

  1. Rush doesn't have many female followers? How about any, as in none LOL Just kidding - I'm sure there is the odd exception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I'd like to know is why was a film crew filming at Alex's place around the dinner table when he was 18?? What for? Cool footage, but... why??

    Excellent movie. Although, of the three bandmates, Geddy was the hardest to read in terms of interview. He was pretty closed about who he is. Alex and Neil both came across as more revealing and human.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's true. Why was the film crew at Lifeson's house?

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?