Saturday

All is Quiet on New Year's Day

Eleven hours into the new year and so far? Booooring. We should have stuck with the old year. My brain is a little foggy today. I was welcomed this morning by a similar dense fog outside. I usually have a good view of the mountain and St Joseph's Oratory, but this morning visibility is only 150 feet or so.
Foggy in 2011
Foggy in 2011










Rainbows in 2010
I got a got idea from Dilbert yesterday. Rather than making our own resolutions for the New Year, we should impose resolutions on people we know. For instance, my colleague should bathe more, my boss should stop lying, or become a better liar, my neighbour should throw out her garbage more often so that the hallway doesn't smell. Any suggestions?

And from Bizzaro.com or bizarrocomic.blogspot.com
Click the picture.. "Help me put an end to zombies..."
All is quiet on New Year's Day.
A world in white gets underway.
I want to be with you, be with you night and day.
Nothing changes on New Year's Day.
On New Year's Day.

-U2 - New Year's Day

3 comments:

  1. HA! I resolve for my "No Garbage Neighbor" to buy a darn snow shovel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. meleah,
    Thanks. Sometimes I wish I had a good camera but I managed with my cell phone. The rainbow, btw, is a semi-permanent rainbow that is visible between March 3rd and Labour Day. After that we take it down for cleaning.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?