Monday

Land of Painted Caves

In July I wrote about the - at long last - release of Jean Auel's next Earth's Children novel entitled The Land Of Painted Caves. The nine year wait is finally coming to an end when Auel's sixth in the series and follow-up to The Shelters of Stone comes out in March 2011. There has been speculation whether this would be the last in the series or if in fact a concluding seventh novel was already in the plans. Last week Auel indicated that she may not be done after all.
In a interview with the Associate Press the 74 year old author said, "To be honest, I don't feel like I'm through. I still have some material and I'm going to keep on writing. It's what I do."
At her current pace, Auel would be in her eighties when a seventh novel would be released.

The Land of Painted Caves: A Novel (Earth's Children)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?