Sunday

James Garner


James Garner, 1928-2014
One of my favourite actors James Garner, whose whimsical style in the 1950s TV Western “Maverick” led to a stellar career in TV and films such as “The Rockford Files” and his Oscar-nominated “Murphy's Romance,” has died, police said. He was 86. Garner also appeared in the "Great Escape" and "Support Your Local Gunfighter", and more recently, "Space Cowboys" and "8 Simple Rules".


He was found dead of natural causes Saturday evening at his home in Brentwood, Los Angeles.

2 comments:

  1. I was just a kid during the 70's, but I remember hearing the theme to The Rockford Files playing on TV. I can still hum it from memory, even though I never had the attention span to sit through an entire episode. (I probably would now, but I didn't back then.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched it in syndication in the afternoon when I had a day off from school. I loved it then and wonder if I would like it now.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?