Saturday

Fiona Apple - Hot Knife

Let's say I'm a little behind with this one. Fiona Apple's fourth studio album and first since 2005's Extraordinary Machine, The Idler Wheel Is Wiser than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More than Ropes Will Ever Do was released in 2012.
Fiona Apple's The Idler Wheel...


The Idler Wheel... earned a nomination at the 2013 Grammy Awards for Best Alternative Album and peaked at number 1 on the US alternative and US Rock album charts. It hit number 13 in Canada and number 68 in the UK.

The final track on the album, Hot Knife, features supporting vocals from Apple's sister and fellow singer Maude Maggart.

The video was directed by Paul Thomas Anderson who may be better known for his work on Boogie Nights, There Will Be Blood and Magnolia. Hot Knife drums may be reminiscent of 50s orchestral or African drumbeats.
From her 2012 album The Idler Wheel Is Wiser than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More than Ropes Will Ever Do, here is Fiona Apple's Hot Knife.



Fiona Apple



2 comments:

  1. "The Idler Wheel Is Wiser than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More than Ropes Will Ever Do".... Oh my goodness. That's the longest title I've ever seen in my entire life. Clearly this is why I have not yet attained stellar fame. My titles are only two or three words. I'll have to come up with something else.

    Here, how about this: "There's a blue wagon in the garage and I have no idea how it got there but there's an empty french fry package stuck to the wheel and I forgot to take my medication today so I'm struggling to fight the urge to lick it."

    I can almost hear the crowds cheering already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are on the right track Janna, her second album is called, "When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might so When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right".

      Delete

Thoughts?