Thursday

Dinner Time Dilemma, Peanut Butter and Pliers

If you are allergic to peanut butter you cannot borrow my pliers. It was supper time again. Funny how that keeps coming up. Everyday too. I had a healthy lunch of rainbow trout with a side of salad so I wasn't interested in eating anything too healthy tonight. What am I to make for supper? I have to plan ahead. My lunch for Thursday is already packed, chicken with couscous and a side of vegetables. I needed something that would not take too much time to prepare since the hockey game was about to start. I couldn't go too unhealthy because the day before for lunch I caught up with Mike at the fish and chips restaurant for the greasiest deep fried fish. Tons of grease. The fries were dripping. I think they accidentally deep fried the basket they were in.
Finally I got it! Peanut butter and jelly. Well, peanut butter and jam. Peanut butter and apricot jam on freshly made, sliced chunks of whole grain bread. Or peanut butter and apricot jam on freshly purchased slices of toasted chunks of whole grain bread.
I lost myself somewhere in the last paragraph.
My mouth was watering while I was making the sandwich. I dug out a dollop of peanut butter, piled it on the bread. I grabbed a handful of jam and spread on in an inch thick layer.  I couldn't wait to start eating! In anticipation of heading to the dining room to sit down with my sandwich, I threw the knife into the sink. The knife landed with a clunk, but then there was a bounce, and then the rattle, and down the drain it went.
Not again.
At least this time I caught it before I turned on the garbarator. I started to reach my hand in and stopped suddenly. Wait a second, these garbarators are sharp, they garbarate things. I better get some tools. I run into the garage, spreading peanut butter and apricot jam on the wall and light switch. I popped open my tool box and grabbed the pliers. Quick enough I extracted the knife from the drain, carefully placed the knife and pliers on the counter and proceeded on to my original target, my sandwich. The sandwich was great. My pliers were covered in peanut butter, so if you are allergic, you can't borrow my pliers.
Wilkin & Sons, Best jam ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?