Wednesday

X Factor

As I started typing this I realized I was being apologetic for watching the TV show the X Factor. I did not plan on watching the series. I watch American Idol (and it's poor cousin Canadian Idol before it was cancelled). I did not want to get into a new show, thinking it would be the same old same old. The promos worked. There are three singers that really caught my attention for their singing abilities. Josh Krajcik from Columbus, Oh., 60 year old LeRoy Bell from, Seattle, WA., and 14 year old Drew Ryniewicz from Chino Valley, Az. The results are in and all three have moved on to the final group of 16. There are a lot of great singers of all ages trying for a second chance, last chance or in the case of Ryniewicz, her first chance. Here is Ryniewicz's terrific and haunting performance of Must Have been Love, a Roxette cover. The song starts about 1:15 in.
X Factor

Josh Krajcik sings Up to the Mountain. Krajcik's got a Joe Cocker voice with less whisky and smokes. The songs starts about 1:20 in.


LeRoy Bell sings the Bob Dylan song popularized by Adele, Make you Feel My Love

2 comments:

  1. I *heart* The X Factor. And I love Paula & Simon back together as judges. I am a HUGE fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. meleah, the show is well done. It is nice to see a sober Paula. The show zips along faster than AI. Could be that it is new but it is a lot less predictable.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?