Thursday

Football and Other Profanity

I'm watching the home town Montreal Alouettes squad take on Toronto Argonauts in CFL action on TSN. On a second down drive, Montreal running back Avon Colbourne takes a hand off from quarterback Anthony Calvillo and breaks through the Argos defence. Did I hear correctly? Did the colour commentator comment colourfully? He said "Holy shit".

But that's not all. As they tend to do in all sporting events, TSN showed a replay not a few seconds later. With audio.
"Holy shit."

Thirty seconds later, as they tend to do in sports programming, a replay of the last scoring drive was shown.
"Holy shit."

I don't usually post on the fly but I thought this was worth mentioning. I wish I had a PVR. I probably got the plays wrong. But it doesn't matter. Ha ha. Montreal is winning 41-10.
Anthony Calvillo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?