Saturday

The Expendables - HOLY CRAP!

I've been waiting for this movie for a while. I already want to see Expendables II. A team of mercenaries head to South America on a mission to overthrow a dictator. But wait, there is more. The movie stars Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Randy Couture, Steve Austin, Terry Crews, Mickey Rourke, Charisma Carpenter, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Bruce Willis.
The Expendables
The Expendables will go into wide release in the U.S. August 10th and in Canada on the 13th.
It is the first Sylvestor Stallone directed film since 1983's Staying Alive (bahaha) that didn't involve Rambo or Rocky.

My reactions when I saw the roster of names? "HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Rumour has it both Steven Segal and Jean-Claude Van Damme were offered roles in the film but they turned it down. How stupid is that?



I also noticed that Chuck Norris wasn't in the film. I wondered about that too. He will probably make an appearance in the second one is my guess. (Thankfully Jeff Speakman isn't in it.) Charisma Carpenter is beautiful and earned her action stripes on Angel. What about the other female action stars are missing?

While not always the case, the men tend to be action stars first and later expand their acting skills. The women that I could think of, tend to be established actors before moving into the action film, Angelina Jolie, Milla Jovovich for example. They, as far as I know, are not in this film. Who else is missing?
Expendables

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?